Mandy joined MPC in 2004 as communications associate. She was promoted to assistant communications director in 2008 and to communications director in 2012. She works with program staff to develop and execute communications strategies for all MPC projects, serves as the primary media contact for the organization, and manages MPC’s web content strategy, including social media.
Prior to joining MPC in 2004, Mandy was a community reporter in Chicago. She has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, where she also earned an adjunct major in gender studies. She occasionally freelance writes for regional and national outlets, focusing on the role of food in strengthening communities.
Mandy serves on the Board of Community Media Workshop and chairs the Program Committee. Previously, she has been a member of the National Board of Directors and president of the Chicago Advisory Board of Neighbors Project, and a member of The Chicago Reporter’s 2009 Reader Panel. She also has lent her communications expertise as a member of the Great Lakes Urban Exchange (GLUE), Erie Neighborhood House’s Strategic Communications Steering Committee, Community Renewal Society's Marketing and Communications Committee, and as a communications trainer for local nonprofit professionals.
Mandy lives in Northwest Indiana with her husband. She balances her passion for cooking and food with her love of running.
- MPC by the Numbers: 2012 Edition
- What a year 2012 has been! Just as news outlets look back at the year in headlines, here at MPC we think there's value in taking a moment to reflect on the milestones we've reached over the past 12 months. MPC by the Numbers is a numeric snapshot of these accomplishments, drawn primarily from data…
- Gary: ‘The next comeback story of the Rust Belt’
- Gary, Ind., Mayor-elect Karen Freeman-Wilson thinks her city is ready to tell a different story – and she’s not alone: Some 500 people from Gary, Northwest Indiana and greater metropolitan Chicago filled the Genesis Center on Tuesday, Dec. 13, for “Gary: City of Promise,” a…
- MPC by the Numbers: 2011 Edition
- It's that time again, the season when we take stock of all we've accomplished in the past 12 months and make plans for what we hope to achieve in the coming year. While there's something exciting about a brand-new calendar, filled with nothing but promise, taking a few moments to look back is…
- Paving the way for multi-town collaboration
- More than 100 community leaders, policy advocates and decision-makers gathered at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago on Monday, Nov. 7, 2011, to hear about successes, identify challenges, and discuss next steps for interjurisdictional collaboration, a burgeoning model to support high-impact…
- Mi Parque wins Placemaking prize in Apps for Metro Chicago, Illinois
- Mi Parque App Demo from Mindy Faber on Vimeo.
Drumroll, please! MPC is pleased to announce the winner of our Placemaking apps contest is … Mi Parque!
Residents of Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood on the city’s southwest side are working to transform a 23-acre capped…
More articles »
Areas of expertise
- Strategic communications
- Web content strategy, including social media
- Media relations
- Writing and storytelling
B.S., Journalism/Gender Studies, Northwestern University