surface transportation bill » Blog post
1–4 of 4
- MPC submits testimony to shape new federal transportation bill
- Update, 2/24: Streetsblog Capitol Hill recapped the Mica sessions in Indiana and Illinois, sharing tidbits of testimony from MPC and Active Transportation Alliance. Thanks, Streetsblog!
Last Sunday, Feb. 20, U.S. Rep. John Mica (R- Fla.), new chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure…
- Mica to hold 2/20 listening session in DuPage County on new federal transportation priorities
- Chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee John Mica (R-Fla.) will hold a listening session in the Chicago region this Sunday, Feb. 20, to learn more about metropolitan Chicago’s transportation challenges and needs.
The focus will be on priorities for reforming the…
- State of the Union, state capital crisis call for 'redoubled effort' on infrastructure
- On the eve of the State of the Union address, The New York Times’ David Brooks challenged President Obama to lay out a “precise vision of what a thriving America is going to look like in the 21st Century.” On Tuesday, the President filled in that sketch and tossed back a challenge…
- Clean transportation a must in climate and energy bills
- Transportation accounts for nearly one-third of total energy use in the U.S – and one-third of greenhouse gas emissions. To achieve energy independence and slow climate change caused by emissions, it makes good sense to support investments that will help people drive less, and take transit,…
1–4 of 4